Sunday, March 9, 2008

sunday cheesy sunday



What an adventure we had today! Brunch was designated for Blue Bottle Cafe before heading to Petaluma to the California's Artisan Cheese Festival so we had to take the car. We parked in the Natoma alley and walked by this really cool building. I wish I had the cash to buy this place!

We got to BBC and ordered Shepard's Pie and Croque Madam.



We also had to try their really cool Japanese siphon coffee.







I adore the chef and staff there. The chef was from Medicine Eatstation (before it became just a lunch place). I went to Medicine numerous times for dinner and I understand the kind of quality control, talent, and technique he has. I am happy to see him at BBC. He informed us dinners will be starting on Saturdays.

After eating, Jersey and I headed over to Petaluma for cheesy festivities. We weren't prepared for it when we got there. Jersey said, "This is like a Trekkies convention, only for cheese!" We walked around and tasted cheese from Beecher's. If you are ever in Seattle go to their store at Pike's and have their grilled cheese sandwich. We had beer, wine, and more cheese. We saw our favorite feta queen from Achadinha, ate espresso bean cheese, and bumped into a friend of Jersey's and his fiance'! He was so happy to see a familiar face and I'm secretly happy that Jersey has foodie friends.



We did buy some cheeses. A nice French lady had a small production of raw Sierra Mountain Tomme that was amazing. Her place is called La Clarine Farm. I grabbed some Bellwether's cheese as well. I love their Carmody.

We ended the festival on a high note of gelato made from bufalo ricotta. The place, CiCi, is located in Mill Valley. Jersey and I had enough cheese so we decided to go to Mill Valley to check it out. He really wanted some mint chocolate chip gelato.



All in all, it was a great weekend. I am off to cello practice with Heather!

No comments: