Saturday, March 8, 2008

saturday cookings



I typically cook, but when Jersey has a hankering, he'll pitch in. Not so long ago he decided he wanted to learn how to make meals for breakfast. I suggested to do the "Breakfast in Bed" class at Kitchen on Fire and before I knew it, we were signed up.

Today was the day. The menu was: chocolate rum pancakes (yum!), french toast kebobs (gross), spinach and potato fritatta (yum!), fruit salad (pretty good), and brulee coffee (I had brulee cocoa). I didn't really like the class to be honest. I felt like there were only a few people helping out and other people were just waiting for the meal to get done so they can eat. I had fun with Jersey, but I don't think I will go to another class there, unless I know all of you are coming with me. I prefer classes at Binko's.

I found out earlier this week that my neighbor on the 3rd floor had a death in her immediate family. I am not very close to this girl, but my friend at work is. I missed the days when I lived in the South where neighbors were neighborly. I have a few neighbors here that I can ask for some sugar, but for the most part no one really knows each other. I decided to make her a Gateau Chocolat with Rhum Orange Liqueur and bring her some champagne that was left over from my birthday. When my friend Doug had died several years back, the whole neighborhood pitched in and helped the family out with ears to listen, hugs, and food. I hope this cheers her up a little.

No comments: