Sunday, March 30, 2008

noc noc with the deli guys

I woke up this morning hungry for Thomas' chickens. I was thinking about sleeping in; Jersey makes fun of me for never sleeping in on the weekends. For some reason, I just can't. I want to, but between 7AM-9AM I am up and ready to go. I went to the Ferry Building and did some grocery shopping.

Thomas was there with my chicken at his RoliRoti stand.



I got my deli meats with the usual Saturday crew at Mastrelli's. One of the guys gave me a flyer to a show at the Noc Noc. I LOVE going to shows and this one was early enough to check out cause I already had "secret girl plans" with Jung and Divo later on.



Afterwards, Jersey and I met up with Cousin Will and Karen at Maverick for brunch. My camera died, so all I got was this donut. The donuts there are worth it. They aren't greasy, dry, yeasty, or super sugary AND to all my French friends- not too much cinnamon.



I saw that Maverick was putting out a food zine and asked if they needed any writers. I hope I can start writing for print again! Their zine is really cool, grab a free copy there.

6:30pm rolled around and I headed down to Lower Haight. $2 beers and live tunes with my favorite Ferry Building crew- I had a fun time.



It was cool to see all the guys I have come to dearly like on my Saturday mornings.
Bob plays in a band called, Boy Found Floating. They are going to be tearing it up at an SF stage soon, so stay tuned! Please take note that Bob IS strumming a right-handed guitar left-handed and upside down. He does this because he realized people in America are heartless bastards when it comes to making things for left- handed people. At least Satan has your back lefties! ;)



I think Jim is starting a band, but at the moment he plays solo. Lance used to be in American Heartbreak, but has a new band now.

Chris, an ex deli guy, played two song tonight that sounded so sweet. Let us know when you are playing more Chris!



Every time I go to a show, I feel like rocking out again. Maybe one day I will pick up my bass. For now, it'll just be duets with Jung on violin and me on cello.

1 comment:

Juju said...

One day I'll be good on the viloin. >.<