Sunday, March 30, 2008

18th and Valencia

I am a big fan of Regalito. Go there for decent chicken mole and enchiladas. On the weekends the pozole is tops. The pork meat melted just right to fall apart in your mouth, the spicies just enough heat to get your tongue going but not your stomach to ache.



Jersey made a sunny-side up egg, potatoes, bacon taco. He says it's delicious, but I can't stand the taste of runny eggs. I used to eat them with rice for breakfast ALL time when I was a littl girl and now I hate them.



There is a bad ass mural on the side of the house before you get to Regalito. It's co-painted by a favorite local artist of mine, Andrew Schoultz.



Across the way a new store opened up. I am not really into shopping any more, but I like to give props to stores that are co-ops. Check out local designers at The Mission Statement. Very clever name.



Every month Jersey and I sit down at the table on a Sunday and he reads me ads from Willie's American Guitars out of the Vintage Guitar magazine. They are so f#^%ing hilarious. SO hilarious I called Willie a couple of months ago to let him know how much I love his ads and that one day I will buy a vintage Rickenbacker bass from him ('77 in blue under $2k let me know!) Check out my favorite ad in the May issue:

'65 Fender Electric XII
In Sunburst, split pickups, with 4-way selector, offset-contour body, early example with L-plate, very clean, all-original including tortoise guard, Kuson tuners, and black tolex hardshell case. Listen to me, Christina, it could be ours, if you let me help you murder your tyrannical husband. Come on, we can go to my childhood hometowm, give Michel some drugged whiskey, drown him in the tub, and then drive back to Paris and dump his body in the school's filthy swimming pool. Trust me, you can't lose. $3,500.


No comments: