Monday, March 10, 2008

monday night dinner



I was staring at that picture of the salad in Montmartre. I could make that! So I tried tonight. Here is my recipe:

1/4 lb of bacon
salad mix of lettuces and arugula
cheese (can be brie, goat, something smooth and not too salty)
1/2 Meyer Lemon
2 medium size waxy potatoes cut in thin rounds

I microwaved the bacon for 10 minutes, in a bacon dish that allows the grease to fall away from the bacon. This allows the bacon to crisp.

I used the bacon grease to fry the potatoes in, this took around 15 minutes.

While the potatoes are frying I put the salad mix in a bowl and planed some tomme goat cheese (see previous entry on Cheese Festival below). I added some salt and pepper to taste and squeezed a Meyer Lemon on top and tossed.

I crumbled the bacon on top of the greens and cheese and when the potatoes where done, I added them with a tad bit of the bacon oil.

There you go!

No comments: