Monday, April 7, 2008

manami



Today's friend spotlight is our dearest Manami. Manami and I met at an Elliott show in the defunct Cocodrie. That's also where she met her future husband. We used to play in a band called AMA down at the Turk Street Studios. You wouldn't think she was a great drummer with those skinny arms, but she rocks! Manami now resides in Chiba, Japan. I miss her so!

How long have you known me?
About 9 years. since 1999.

Why did you come to America?
finding an American boy ! just kidding!!
i just wanted to live another country and see good punk bands.

How was living in America compared to Japan?
i loved living in SF. but i just missed Japan so that's why we moved. i can't compare b/c each country has good things and bad things.

What’s your favorite thing to do?
cooking,baking,hanging out with my family and taking pictures.

What do you do in Japan now?
I am an English teacher for public elementary schools.

Do you miss living in San Francisco?
Yep!! i missed going to farmer's market every saturday with you!
and girls club.... and crazy nights! oh one more thing!! i missed bacon in America so much!

Thanks Manami for sharing with us at Ocean and Peony! Manami sent me a cute picture of her and Kage (my goddog), but I couldn't download the attachment. Hey Manami, I would miss bacon too if I moved to Japan, but I miss udon from Tokyo and LaLaPort!

No comments: