Monday, September 22, 2008

the herky jerky

I just got back from San Francisco. I barely took any pictures when I was there due to exhaustion! I was happy to see everyone and eat at the normal haunts. I also finally saw my first whale swimming out in Pacifica! I got a bowl to commemerate the event from Ayumi Horie. She makes the cutest ceramics! Please take good care of my bowl Avalon!

A few places that I haunted with Jersey was Little Star Pizza and Regalito.
I went out with Jimmy and his friends to Bar Bambino. My favorite dinner though was with Erich at Kiss Sushi. The food was amazing. Ignore the yelp reviews, cause the omakase dinner was a lot of food and well worth the money. As Erich put it, "Do these people eat two Big Macs?"
I had to end the visit with the Saturday Morning Famer's market at the Ferry Building. It is a beloved ritual truly and depressingly missed. I went straight for breakfast at Primavera eating yummy Chicken Masa Chulupas. Then I bought some brown rice from Massa Organics among a variety of things that I could take on the plane with me. I had to snag some Warren Pears as the season is about to end. I ate one this morning.... it was godsent!


When I got back to Seattle, the saddest thing happened to me. I was in love with the Smart Car and ready to go down to reserve one. Unfortunately, the transmission was not smooth and driving it four blocks made me seasick. I hate it when you want to love something, but in the end it wasn't good enough. I guess I will have to save up for that custom black Mini Cooper I saw in Vancouver!

No comments: