Monday, August 11, 2008

bambino is a bambina!

We are having a little girl and naming her Kaia Miette. Kaia means ocean, which was the very first thing I ever remember seeing as a baby and I fell in love with being near the sea. Miette means "little crumb" in French. She's a part of me, so she is my crumb, also one of my favorite bakeries in San Fran is Miette. They did most of our wedding cakes and our wedding favors last year. (Thank you Vanessa!)

Sorry I haven't been posting, we still haven't located my USB cord to download pictures off the camera and Jersey bought a new one that doesn't work!

2 comments:

Fiat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dish said...

TO FIAT:
I read your comment and it truly makes me sad that you are so petty to write something like that on the posting of my daughter's name. Instead of thinking about how wonderful this serendipity is, you've took something beautiful and made it ugly. Just so you are clear, I have no idea who you are, I have never heard of the name combo before in my life, I don't even know any couples from NYC that has children, except Jung from a previous post that you read and she has never mentioned any babies with the same name. If I had actively searched out all the Kaia Miette's in the world and found some, I would be overjoyed and would think, "wow, someone has something preciously in common with me." But I bet in all your narrow-mindedness you thought, "I am so cool, I bet this name is unique." Then searched for it, found my blog and your ego exploded with disappointment. And to make things even worse, you COWARDLY commented Anonymously to me! YOU'RE A DICK and I pray that your Kaia doesn't end up being a petty shit like you!