Thursday, April 22, 2010

food betas

Video game betas are so common in my life, I forget alpha and beta stages are used in all products. Just recently I got some from Cowgirl Creamery and TCHO.
TCHO is making a milk chocolate bar and I ordered the .2 test. Both bars were utter crap in texture and flavor, so I am going to wait until the 4th or 5th iteration to test again. I am pretty confident they'll make a terrific milk chocolate in the end. Their dark chocolates are amazing and I now use their organic baking chocolates in my desserts.

Cowgirl Creamery is trying to create a hard cheese. Right now it's in semi- hard phase and it's at batch number 32. I think they should stop there. It's mild, with a nice bite at the tip of the tongue and I ate practically the whole thing in just one sitting.

It's pretty cool giving feedback for food in the same way I give feed back to gaming companies. Go out there and try new stuff, you can always say you helped that particular product get that way with your opinions!

No comments: