Monday, May 24, 2010

company time


Saturday was spent at the wonderful Green Gulch Zen Center. I did a workshop called Company Time: A Buddhist Retreat for Working People in the Business World. It was a great way to connect with people and talk about issues at work in an open and honest forum.


Also this was a great time for me to reflect and be silent. A lot of the day was spent in meditation and it was wonderful just to sit still for 20 minutes.

We had a great lunch of minnestrone soup, salad, and bread. The vegetables all from the farm at the Zen Center. The bread freshly baked in their bakery before lunch.

I took a long walk to Muir Beach. I adore being out there; the farm then at the beach. This has always been the life for me since my memory was born. People have said, "you would just get bored being in the woods or in a rural setting". It makes me slightly sad that these people don't know me well at all. But, it also makes me reflect that I still have a wall up, built from when I was a teenager that perhaps, I truly don't let people in. All I want in my life is for more silence, more nature, and more simplicity.





Unfortunately, I didn't stay the whole time for the workshop, but I look forward to taking it again. Maybe you'll take it with me? I am going to do the honey harvesting workshop at the end of June.

No comments: